We seek out the latest news in health and social care. Stay up to date with our monthly newsletter.
Safeguarding Adults training North Yorkshire. West Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, Experts by experience. Opening Minds Training and Consultancy offer safeguarding adults training delivered by people who may be considered vulnerable in society. What is abuse?
This one-day course gives participants an introduction to Safeguarding, covering the following areas:
- The Care Act (2014) and the safeguarding principles.
- The Mental Capacity Act (2005) and how it applies to Safeguarding people from abuse.
- What is Abuse and how can you identify it?
- What is Safeguarding?
- Responding to Safeguarding concerns.
Who Should Attend?
- This is an introductory level course, designed for people who are working in areas where they come into contact with adults with care and support needs. The training is specifically appropriate for people working in the following roles:
- Care workers and frontline healthcare staff
- GP's, Reception staff, Practice Managers and Practice Nurses
- Telephone Line Support Staff
- Educational Support staff for work based training and colleges
- Housing Officers
Our training is delivered in conjunction with experts by experience. This offers participants a powerful insight into the application of safeguarding responsiblities from those who have care and support needs.
Training can be delivered on site or at a venue. for more information.
Safeguarding Adults Training