We seek out the latest news in health and social care. Stay up to date with our monthly newsletter.
3.5 hour training in the safe management, preparation and administration of medication. Includes the following subject areas:
- When would a carer administer medication?
- What would prevent a carer from administering medication?
- What checks need to be made prior to giving a medication?
- How do you read a Medication Administration Record (MAR)?
- How to document the administration of medication.
- How to check stock of medication
- How to store medication.
- The use of 'As required' and 'Over the Counter' medication.
- What happens if a medication is administered incorrectly?
This course is suitable for carers who are required to administer medication as part of their role.
From £45 per person
Competency sign off is available. See page for details.