3.5 hour training in the safe management, preparation and administration of medication. Includes the following subject areas:
- When would a carer administer medication?
- What would prevent a carer from administering medication?
- What checks need to be made prior to giving a medication?
- How do you read a Medication Administration Record (MAR)?
- How to document the administration of medication.
- How to check stock of medication
- How to store medication.
- The use of 'As required' and 'Over the Counter' medication.
- What happens if a medication is administered incorrectly?
This course is suitable for carers who are required to administer medication as part of their role.
From £45 per person
Competency sign off is available. See page for details.